There have been a number of readers who have been asking when I will next be speaking on the Companies Act 2016, especially if there is a seminar in Kuala Lumpur.
The Malaysian Lawyer has now partnered up with Legal Logic Asia for this special one-day seminar on the Companies Act 2016: Impact and Compliance of New Laws & Regulations under the Companies Act in Malaysia. You can click on the image below for the registration form.
The seminar will be on all the practical issues arising from the Companies Act 2016, with an emphasis on all the new rules, new regulations and guidelines that have been issued. On an almost daily basis, I am encountering key issues and concerns from the industry. There are certain transitional issues that companies now face with their upcoming AGMs, or uncertainty on the application of some of the provisons. My co-speaker, Kenneth Foo, and I will be able to speak from our experience and to highlight the common issues we see.
The seminar will cover:
- The new Rules & Regulations: Companies Regulations 2017, the New Guidelines and Practice Directive 1/2017.
- How to navigate the new documents and forms to be lodged with the Registrar.
- Key issues to look out for in your existing memorandum and articles of association.
- How to adopt a constitution.
- The significant transitional issues and challenges under the new Act.
- Issues that directors must be aware of.
The programme is set out below:
After the event, I will also post up pictures and share some of the questions raised and summarise the contents of the talk.