Launch of My Book on the Companies Act 2016

Today was the official launch of my book on Companies Act 2016: The New Dynamics of Company Law in Malaysia. For those of you interested to purchase a copy, you can click on the image below to place your orders with CLJ Law. The retail price of the book is RM250.

companies-act-2016_banner-fb

I am incredibly proud and very humbled to see the book finally in print. I hope that it contributes in some small way to the development of company law in Malaysia.

With Rostina (director of CLJ Law), Kumitha (editor for our book), Kenneth Foo and myself
With Rostina (director of CLJ Law), Kumitha (editor), Kenneth Foo and myself

The book has been launched just in time for the enforcement of the new Companies Act 2016. The Companies Commission has already announced that the new Act will start being brought into force from 31 January 2017 onwards. It was stated at today’s seminar that effectively, all the provisions of the new Act will be effective on that date except for the corporate rescue mechanisms. We are now waiting for the official gazetting of this notice.

I hope that this book will serve as a good guide as we move into the Companies Act 2016 regime.

Advertisements

9 thoughts on “Launch of My Book on the Companies Act 2016

1. Muddu Vijai 13 February 2017 / 1:10 pm

Hello Lee Shih, The book provides with latest and proposed amendments in Companies Act,In a simplified manner. (With Rules & Forms): Including the NCLT Rules, 2016 and the NCLAT Rules, 2016.By comparing others book price is also less.It is good to what your doing.

Thank you Lee Shih for sharing your exp[eriences with us.

2. Izwan Z. 13 February 2017 / 3:23 pm

Can we got any bookshop to buy a copy as well?

3. Wong Ai Ling 17 February 2017 / 2:14 pm

I am from Kuantan, How can I order this book?

4. Mei Ling 2 March 2017 / 4:43 pm

I am reading the book. I refer to pages 130 and 131. A point that I would like to ask pertaining to the second paragraph on page 131 which reads. “if the company circulates its financial statements and reports on 1st June, then it must lodge the financial statements and reports within 30 days from 1st June. Therefore the board of directors may appoint an auditor not later than 1st June.”
    My question is : I understand that in this example, the financial statement was circulated on 1st June although legally it can be circulated not later than 30th June. Is that correct?
    Secondly, I do not understand why the appointment of auditors must be made not later than 1st June. Should it not be “not later than 1st July” because to my understanding an auditor must be appointed within the period of 30 days from the circulation of financial statement to members? If the date of circulation in this case is 1st June, then the company concerned has 30 days to lodge financial statements (i.e. until 30 June), and 30 days before 30th June, an auditor must be appointed. To my understanding, the auditor must be appointed approximate not later than 30th June or 1st July.
    Thanks,

5. sharifah shuhada 8 March 2017 / 1:25 pm

is there a student price?

• Lee Shih 9 March 2017 / 8:36 am

Unfortunately, I don’t think there is a student price. You can email CLJ Law to ask them though.