On 23 February 2017, I will be speaking at the Companies Commission of Malaysia for a talk entitled Closing of Companies and Limited Liability Partnerships. I am an associate speaker for COMTRAC, the Companies Commission of Malaysia Training Academy.
There has been overwhelming response for this talk and the registration has already closed unfortunately. My co-speaker will be Puan Norhaslinda Salleh, Head of the Insolvency in the Registration Services Division of the Companies Commission.
The talk will be based on all the new provisions of the Companies Act 2016 as well as the Limited Liability Partnerships Act 2012. The focus will be the closing down of a business, whether it is the winding up of a company or a LLP. We will be sharing from our practical experience, and in particular, my co-speaker will be able to share from the regulator’s perspective.
We will cover areas on:
- Understand the process of winding up and its impact on the company, creditors and liquidators.
- Appreciate the difference in the two voluntary winding up processes.
- Identify the different effects of voluntary winding up on legal proceedings.
- Recognise the different grounds to initiate the court winding up process.
- Understand the court winding up process from the statutory demand until the winding up order.
- Be aware of the striking off procedure and to avoid striking off.
- How to apply for the striking off for a dormant company.
- Applying for the reinstatement of a struck off company.
- Learn on the practical issues arising from the management of assets of dissolved companies.
- Understand the winding up and striking off procedure for LLPs.