Another year-end, and it’s time to turn the page to a new year again. Exactly a year ago, I published a post reflecting on my 2015.
It’s always useful to look back at the highlights of the year—to celebrate the victories, and to learn from the mistakes or missed opportunities—before planning for the coming year.
Here are some quick personal highlights from what has been an eventful 2016:
- Being nominated for Young Lawyer of the Year at the Asian Legal Business Malaysia Law Awards 2016.
- My firm, PLVG, winning the Rising Law Firm of the Year award at the Asian Legal Business Malaysia Law Awards 2016.
- Contributing the Malaysian content for the Eversheds Global employment law app.
- Being one of the five Malaysian lawyers listed in Asia’s 40 Under 40 by Asian Legal Business.
- PLVG again being recommended in four practice areas in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2017.
- Of course, writing my book Law for Startups: What You Need to Know When Starting a Business (which you can read about on Asia Law Portal and Office Parrots) and seeing it published by MPH Group Publishing.
As happens every year, it’s time to recalibrate the compass again, and look forward to an even more eventful 2017. I already have quite a number of things lined up for the first quarter of the year—let’s turn the page!